Are you ready for the changes?
The magic of Bhutan is indescribable. Fully blessed for your spiritual growth and perfect place for transformational processes. This is for one who is helping themselves to connect to yourself more deeply. It is to those who are willing to change from the inside out.
How to bring happiness in yourself?
Your desire for this journey is to discover the core of your happiness .Under spiritual guidance of Dr. Karma Phuntsho we will visit some sacred sites as participants of the culture and the land. And through the practice of yoga, meditation, visualization, breath work, the inner Guidance process, and more, you will unfold more deeply into your purpose while embodying more peace and joy during and after the journey. After the tip you will leave with not only unforgettable memories, but life changing experiences that will build you for years to come.
Who is Dr. Karma?
Lopen (Dr) Karma Phuntsho was trained as a monk in Bhutan and India, and received a M.St and D.Phil in Oriental Studies at Balliol College, Oxford. He was a researcher at CNRS, Paris and the Spalding Fellow for Comparative Religion at Clare Hall, Cambridge University. He is currently the president and the founder of Loden Foundation and the director of Shejun Agency (www.shejun.org), a non-profit organization that focuses on the documentation and study of Bhutan’s written heritage and oral traditions. He is currently based in Thimphu, Bhutan.
He is the author of the Books; History of Bhutan and The Autobiogrpahy of Terton Pema Lingpa.
- Day 1: Welcome to Bhutan: Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your guide and driver, then transferred to Thimphu, travelling through the spectacular countryside en-route, you will be surprised with the traditional Bhutanese architecture designed and paints on the houses and buildings in the Kingdom, the land of thunder dragon. On arrival in Thimphu, you will be check-in to your hotel and proceed for lunch. After enjoying the Bhutanese yummy lunch, we will start our day exploring inside Thimphu with options to visit the largest Golden Buddha Dhoedenma with a bonus of sensational valley views, the National Memorial Chorten/Stupa, followed by Takin conserve park and finally to insightful the Tashichoedzong fortress. The day will be ended with an overnight stay in Thimphu.
- Day 2: Thimphu Excurision: After breakfast, we will hike to Chagri Monastery, it will take about an hour walk to reach the monastery. Chagri was built high on the slope in 1619 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal as his first monastery in Bhutan and drive back to lunch in town. After lunch leisure walk in town and watch Bhutanese national game archery.
- Day 3: Thimphu–Punakha: Checked out from hotel and drive towards Punakha, on the way we will stop at Dochula Pass for viewing the stunning sights of Druk Wangyal Chortens which was commissioned by Her Majesty the Queen Mother Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck. After that we will drive to down valley called Sobsokha village and take a stroll through agricultural fields toward Chimi Lhakhang/temple a pilgrimage site for childless couple or to seek protection for children. Then, visit Punakha Dzong situated strategically at the conjunction of the Pho Chu/male river and Mo Chu/female river. Thereafter walk along the 160 meters Pho Chhu Suspension Bridge, which gives you a spectacular view of Punakha Dzong and the Pho Chhu Valley. Overnight at hotel in Punakha
- Day 4: Punakha – Phobjikha vellay: Phobjikha is the winter roosting ground of the seasonal and endangered Black-Necked Cranes. For the safety of the cranes, as it is a precious possession of the valley, the state mandates that no household can have overhead cables, it must be connected through underground provisions. The roosting ground is also fenced and people must stay 100 meters away from the fence. Phobjikha embraces the iconic Gangtey Goenpa- the seat of revered Peling Branch of Vajrayana Buddhism. Another one to experience is the Nature Trail- strolling through the tranquil and clean atmosphere, connecting the body to the soul offering healing benefits to any ailments, be it physical or psychological.
- 5: Phobjikha-Paro: After breakfast, we will leave Phobjikha and proceed to Paro valley via Dochu La, and arriving in Paro town on time for lunch. This afternoon you can look forward to enjoying an orientation tour of the major features in Paro town including Paro Dzong with its cantilever bridge. In Paro, it is highly recommended to take a leisure stroll along the main street which offers not only excellent scenery but also good shopping for jewelries and handicrafts. Alternatively, your guide can arrange a hike in the valley to suit your fitness & time frame.
- Day 6: Tiger’s Nest Hike: After breakfast, we hike for Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery, which is Bhutan’s most famous monastery situated at 3,150 meters. In 8th century Guru Rinpoche (spiritual master) is said to have flown on the back of a tigress to meditate in a cave where Taktsang Monastery now stands. After having explored the monastery, we hike down to the valley. If time permits, you will visit Kyichu Lhakhang – one of Bhutan’s oldest and most beautiful temples boasting an orange tree that perpetually bears fruit followed by a visit to the old ruined fortress of the Drugyel Dzong. This is the historical site of the Fort of Drukpa Victory, from which the Bhutanese used to repel the Tibetan invaders again and again. If you are lucky and weather permits you can view 7314 meters snow domed peak of sacred Mt Jhomolhari. Your last night will be spent in Paro
- Day 7: Departure: Today we will bid fond farewell to this beautiful Himalayan country and take an early flight back to Singapore. We hope by now you would have made some friends and take beautiful memories of Bhutan! And we look forward to seeing you again in this remarkable land of endless happiness. Tashi Delek!
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
Thanks Marvellous Bhutan Travel for taking such good care of my kid during the trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Marvellous Bhutan Travel! The name says it all! The service and trip was marvellous! Needless to say, the experience you get when you travel with them! Every detail was looked into so that the trip is safe, culturally enriching and that everything runs smoothly! Would reccommed anyone who would want to travel to this mythical land of happiness to travel with them! Personally I have travelled with them and they have left a deep and touching experience. Went on a 5 day trek too! The guides and crew were very professional. Comfort during the trek was ensured! The view and the scenery are breathtaking! It is trip that not only allows you to have a peek at the Buthanese way of life but more importantly one that touches your heart.
This is my second time travel to Bhutan, but first time to across east to west, and first time to be with Marvellous team. Our guide, Chokyi and Phuntsho, were always warm and friendly. They drove two days previous, from west to east, to recieve us at Guwahati airport, which is in India, near the boarder of eastern Bhutan. Due to the weather, our flight to Guwahati was delayed almost 5 hours. They were worried when we did not appear at the appointed time. Finally, when we connected with each other, they didn’t feel any impatient, just told us to take our time, they would wait until we arrived. That time, we were sorry but really touched.
During twelve days travel, the itinerary was well-planned. We were only two people. Chokyi and Phuntsho hosted us along the trip as if we were VIP. Phuntsho is a very nice guide. He knows the history of every places very well. His explanation was simple for us to understand, just as telling a story.
To travel with Marvellous team felt us relax and comfortable, just like being with friends. We enjoyed every present moment in this blessed land. Wherever across the farming land or climb up to majestic mountain, we all enjoyed the beauty in summer season of Bhutan. All things looked green and vibrant, as if every inch of land was filled with plants.
We represent our thankful to Marvellous Bhutan Travel, especially to Chokyi and Phuntsho, for your hospitality, and give all our best blessings to you.
See you in the future. — with Phuntsho Wangdi and 2 others.
-- Hsin-Yi Huang
This is the best trip my sister and I have ever had! Feeling so blessed�. Bhutan is the best place for pilgrimage, living and relaxation. I never expect myself to be able to hike and walk so much�based on my health condition. Thank you for helping us to carry our belongings while hiking. This will not be our last trip to Bhutan. We will go back again. Thank you all!
-- Veronica Chua
Really appreciate Marvellous team to show us the happiest land on earth. Very well thoughtful program to train us for the climb to tiger nest ! It paid off. Highly recommended
-- Anson Wang
Marvellous Travel – The name speaks for itself. It was indeed a marvellous Yoga
Retreat in Bhutan. We were there in July 2018. The weather did not fail us
throughout that entire week until our last night it rained. We were lucky.
Marvellous Travel – Chokyi, Phuntsho and Sangey hosted us for a week. The
itinerary was well-planned by them. Great thanks to them for taking care of us
during our time there.
We enjoyed the wonderful Bhutanese songs while travelling on the bus. Our
main guide Phuntsho is well-versed on the history of the places that he does
his explanation as if he was telling a story. We rested well on the bus as we
were in good hands of our bus driver – Sangey. Chokyi was always praying for
the rain to stay away from us. Marvellous Travel!
And since it was a yoga retreat, they participated in one of our classes. It was
spontaneous for them as first timers. Kudos~~
Apart from Marvellous Travel, Bhutan has sublime scenery that takes our mind
to be there at that present moment, nothing else. We were surrounded by
majestic mountains wherever we went. We don’t have to look out for it, it is
just there. Thumbs-up!
It is highly recommended to travel with Marvellous Travel in Bhutan. Go with
an open heart and receive their warm hospitality. They are there to offer any
help you need there. Namaste…
Exceptional helpful guides. Was very touched when one of them piggy back my mom down the steep hills when she had difficulties walking. Thank you.
-- Silver Wave
This is a most special trip that I have never been before, hope all the travel agent would always have this special service to all who visit Bhutan. A big thank you to all Bhutan people.
-- Christine Teh
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling