This Bhutan Photography tour will brings you an unforgettable breathtaking journey that will captivate your senses in a charming way.
Key highlights, available year round
• Gain insight into the culture and lifestyle untouched by the modern world • Full day hike to iconic Tiger’s Nest
• Spectacular Phobjikha; also known as second Switzerland, one of the most beautiful valley in Bhutan
• Photographing the ancient Dzong architecture and Fortress • Gain access to photograph inside certain temples
• Local experience
Government Fees, Royalty & Taxes.
Tours and entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Standard hotel room (Twin/double bed).
All meals (Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner) at a local restaurant or hotel.
SUV Car, Mini Van or Bus with driver throughout your stay.
Experienced tour guide.
Peak period surcharge: US$300 per person (Mar-May, Sep-Nov)
Costs for extra activities
Personal drinks & beverages
Additional hotel facilities like laundry, personal calls etc.
Single room supplement: US$40 per room per nigh
*The price quoted is an indicative and subject to changes
- Day 1 During the flight on a clear day, you will get to enjoy breathtaking views of Mount Everest, Kanchenjungha, and other famous Himalayan peaks including sacred Mount Jumolhari and Jichu Drake Peaks in Bhutan. Upon arrival at Paro Airport, you will be greeted by our representative and transferred to your hotel. The drive to Thimphu is about 1 hour. On route, enjoy the view of the Valley of Thimphu River through a rather arid and Rocky landscape.
- Day 2 After breakfast we will photograph the National Memorial Chorten, with its sun-catching golden finial, making it one of the most visible religious structures in Thimphu; for many people it is the focus of their daily worship. This morning, it may be possible to gain entry into Tashichho Dzong (dzong is a fortress-monastery), the most important monastery in the kingdom. In addition to housing the offices of the king’s government, Tashichho is also the summer residence of the central monk body. After lunch we will visit a traditional paper factory and a weaving center. Both opportunities allow us to photograph long-established art and craft techniques.
- Day 3 Today we continue our journey across the Dochu La Pass, from where we will get our first look at the chain of Himalayan peaks strung along the northern horizon. Next we reach Pelela Pass, which was, during ancient times, the boundary between western and central Bhutan. From Pelela, we drive down through dwarf bamboo vegetation, grazed by the migrating yaks during winter. En route visit Chendebji Chorten erected in the eighteenth century by a Tibetan over the remains of an evil spirit that was subdued at this spot. We drive for another hour after lunch, reaching the spectacular landscape of Trongsa and its impressive dzong.
- Day 4 The Trongsa Dzong is considered one of the most magnificent pieces of architecture in Bhutan, and the strategic location gave it great power over this part of the country. Given time we will also visit the Ta Dzong on the hillside above the town. We drive further east, taking time to photograph the beautiful landscape of this region. Arriving to our hotel in the late afternoon, we will have a bit of time for rest, dinner, and perhaps some blue hour photography. If time permit, we will visit a traditional farmhouse, providing opportunity to interact with the local families and learn more about their lifestyle with beautiful photography opportunities.
- Day 5 After breakfast we continue west to Gangtey, with photographic stops along the way; we may even see the red Pandas at Pelela. Driving through the mountains and over a high pass, we then enter Phobjikha Valley, popularly known to be the home of the black-necked cranes. We will also visit Gangtey Goenpa, the only Nyingmapa (oldest of the four major schools of Tibetan Bhuddhism) monastery in western Bhutan.
- Day 6 After breakfast, we will visit a local community school, interacting with and the students for photography shoot. Later in the day, we will continue our drive to Punakha, stopping for lunch and photograph the nearby Wangdiphodrang Dzong from a distance (current renovations taking place due to 2012 fire). I addition to photographing in and around the dzong, we will also take advantage of its setting to photograph this fertile, lowland (4,400’) valley, with its quaint houses and terraced fields. In addition to photographing in and around the dzong, we will also take advantage of its setting to photograph this fertile, lowland (4,400’) valley, with its quaint houses and terraced fields.
- Day 7 After breakfast we will explore Wangdi whom sits in the heart of the Punakha Valley, and we will devote a full day today to exploring this valley. The Punakha Dzong dates back to the seventeenth century and was the winter seat of the highest lama in Bhutan until the 1950’s. After lunch we will hike to the fifteenth century temple of the Divine Madman- Chimi Lakhang, walking through rice fields and farm houses. It will provide opportunity for those wishing to photograph the phallic paintings on the houses; these paintings are believed to keep away the evil spirits and bad luck, and scenic farming landscape.
- Day 8 Today after early breakfast we will continue back to Paro, arriving in the afternoon. Depending on weather and photographic opportunities along the way, we may have time to visit the Ta Dzong, once a watchtower, or the Rinpung Dzong, built in 1646. A walk across the bridge offers a spectacular view of the architecture and an opportunity to tread the same path as the ancient warriors.
- Day 9 After breakfast we will have a full day hike up to Taktsang – more commonly known as the Tiger’s Nest. It was established in the eighth century when Padmasambava, the country’s patron saint, who brought Buddhism to Bhutan, flew here on the back of his mythical tigress consort to meditate. Wwe return the valley floor in late afternoon, and enjoy a farewell dinner with our guide this evening.
- Day 10 We will drive to the airport for flight to end the destination.
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
Thanks Marvellous Bhutan Travel for taking such good care of my kid during the trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Marvellous Bhutan Travel! The name says it all! The service and trip was marvellous! Needless to say, the experience you get when you travel with them! Every detail was looked into so that the trip is safe, culturally enriching and that everything runs smoothly! Would reccommed anyone who would want to travel to this mythical land of happiness to travel with them! Personally I have travelled with them and they have left a deep and touching experience. Went on a 5 day trek too! The guides and crew were very professional. Comfort during the trek was ensured! The view and the scenery are breathtaking! It is trip that not only allows you to have a peek at the Buthanese way of life but more importantly one that touches your heart.
This is my second time travel to Bhutan, but first time to across east to west, and first time to be with Marvellous team. Our guide, Chokyi and Phuntsho, were always warm and friendly. They drove two days previous, from west to east, to recieve us at Guwahati airport, which is in India, near the boarder of eastern Bhutan. Due to the weather, our flight to Guwahati was delayed almost 5 hours. They were worried when we did not appear at the appointed time. Finally, when we connected with each other, they didn’t feel any impatient, just told us to take our time, they would wait until we arrived. That time, we were sorry but really touched.
During twelve days travel, the itinerary was well-planned. We were only two people. Chokyi and Phuntsho hosted us along the trip as if we were VIP. Phuntsho is a very nice guide. He knows the history of every places very well. His explanation was simple for us to understand, just as telling a story.
To travel with Marvellous team felt us relax and comfortable, just like being with friends. We enjoyed every present moment in this blessed land. Wherever across the farming land or climb up to majestic mountain, we all enjoyed the beauty in summer season of Bhutan. All things looked green and vibrant, as if every inch of land was filled with plants.
We represent our thankful to Marvellous Bhutan Travel, especially to Chokyi and Phuntsho, for your hospitality, and give all our best blessings to you.
See you in the future. — with Phuntsho Wangdi and 2 others.
-- Hsin-Yi Huang
This is the best trip my sister and I have ever had! Feeling so blessed�. Bhutan is the best place for pilgrimage, living and relaxation. I never expect myself to be able to hike and walk so much�based on my health condition. Thank you for helping us to carry our belongings while hiking. This will not be our last trip to Bhutan. We will go back again. Thank you all!
-- Veronica Chua
Really appreciate Marvellous team to show us the happiest land on earth. Very well thoughtful program to train us for the climb to tiger nest ! It paid off. Highly recommended
-- Anson Wang
Marvellous Travel – The name speaks for itself. It was indeed a marvellous Yoga
Retreat in Bhutan. We were there in July 2018. The weather did not fail us
throughout that entire week until our last night it rained. We were lucky.
Marvellous Travel – Chokyi, Phuntsho and Sangey hosted us for a week. The
itinerary was well-planned by them. Great thanks to them for taking care of us
during our time there.
We enjoyed the wonderful Bhutanese songs while travelling on the bus. Our
main guide Phuntsho is well-versed on the history of the places that he does
his explanation as if he was telling a story. We rested well on the bus as we
were in good hands of our bus driver – Sangey. Chokyi was always praying for
the rain to stay away from us. Marvellous Travel!
And since it was a yoga retreat, they participated in one of our classes. It was
spontaneous for them as first timers. Kudos~~
Apart from Marvellous Travel, Bhutan has sublime scenery that takes our mind
to be there at that present moment, nothing else. We were surrounded by
majestic mountains wherever we went. We don’t have to look out for it, it is
just there. Thumbs-up!
It is highly recommended to travel with Marvellous Travel in Bhutan. Go with
an open heart and receive their warm hospitality. They are there to offer any
help you need there. Namaste…
Exceptional helpful guides. Was very touched when one of them piggy back my mom down the steep hills when she had difficulties walking. Thank you.
-- Silver Wave
This is a most special trip that I have never been before, hope all the travel agent would always have this special service to all who visit Bhutan. A big thank you to all Bhutan people.
-- Christine Teh
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling