- How and where do I apply for Visa?
Your Visa to Bhutan can only be applied and processed by an authorized and registered travel agent such as us. The Visa will come together with your travel package to Bhutan. You can’t apply Visa yourself and Bhutan embassy does not have travel visa services.
- My Bhutan travel visa is issued on my old passport which was close to expiring. Will there be any problems when I reach the immigration in Bhutan?
If your Bhutan travel visa is issued on your old passport, you will have to bring along your old passport with you to Bhutan. The Department of Immigration will need to verify your details on your old passport too.
A fine of up to 10,000 Nu will be imposed if travelers fail to present both the travelers’ old and new passport. Alternatively, please inform your Bhutan travel agent to update your visa if there's still a week to go before your trip.
- What does my tariff pay for?
USD 65 per night (frequently termed as royalty) actually goes toward a development fund for free health care, free education and road building in Bhutan. The remainder of the tariff goes to accommodation, meals, and services such as tour guides, transportation, drivers and entrance fees to places of attractions.
- Drukair departs early in the morning during my last day and I won't be visiting any attractions, will I be exempted from the tariff on the last day?
Yes. Drukair generally departs Paro by 10 am every day. Travelers departing by Drukair will be exempted from daily tariff on the last day when departing Bhutan.
- How long does it take to get my Bhutan Visa?
Visa is usually released within seven days before your arrival in Bhutan.
- Is there a tourist quota to the number of people who can visit Bhutan every year?
- There is no tourist quota set by the Royal Government of Bhutan.
- I can't find embassy of Bhutan in my country. How do I apply for the Visa?
Your Visa will be applied by your tour operator. You would not need to make an appointment with Bhutan embassy. Embassy of Bhutan does not provide tourist Visa services.
- I travel frequently and I can't send my passport for Visa application. How can I get the Visa?
We don't need your physical passport to apply for tourist Visa. We simply need a color scanned copy of your passport to make the Visa application
- I would like to travel alone, backpack style and free-and-easy. Can I apply just the Visa without the accompanying tour package?
- It is not possible to separate Visa application from tour package
- When is the best time to travel to Bhutan?
You can travel to Bhutan throughout the year, but the best months are March to May and September to November.
- Is it possible to travel alone in Bhutan, without the minimum spending / tariff (USD 250 for high and USD 200 for low). Can we arrange our tour in private?
- That's not possible. Your visa is tied to you purchasing or spending the minimum spending above.