Bhutanese weddings are not always in pomp and laud, quite often it may be ceremoniously flaunted yet most are done away with little or no announcements at all. However, the vows are taken seriously and the religious rites must be performed as instructed. If one opts for a marriage that has to be authentically religious, it usually takes place in a monastery.
All the weddings of Bhutan has its core in the blessings and this ceremony is mostly held in Kyichu Lhakhang (temple), located few kilometers from Amankora in the Paro valley or at the Khuruthang Lhakang near the Amankora lodge in the Punakha valley. Kyichu Lhakhang, a 7th century temple, bears splendid witness to the arrival of Buddhism in Bhutan and is one of the 108 temples built in a day by the Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo to pin down a treacherous ogress – it is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites in Bhutan.
Government Fees, Royalty & Taxes.
Tours and entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Standard hotel room (Twin/double bed).
All meals (Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner) at a local restaurant or hotel.
SUV Car, Mini Van or Bus with driver throughout your stay.
Experienced tour guide.
Peak period surcharge: US$300 per person (Mar-May, Sep-Nov)
Costs for extra activities
Personal drinks & beverages
Additional hotel facilities like laundry, personal calls etc.
Single room supplement: US$40 per room per nigh
*The price quoted is an indicative and subject to changes
- Day 1 As your flight enters and descents in the radar of Paro valley’s air traffic, the pilot will announce the spectacular sighting of Gangar Phuensum, the highest unclimbed mountain in Bhutan. When you complete all the immigration procedures, our representative will be at the exit gate of the airport. Thence, your honeymoon tour begins at the Paro International Airport. Towards the evening, as your tour of the day ends, you will be driven to your designated hotel.
- Day 2 Paro The day will comprise of sightseeing while the company will be already making preparations for your honeymoon chambers. The itinerary will be as follows: • Paro Dzong • Ta Dzong • Kyichu Lhakhang • Drukgyel Dzong
- Day 3 Paro-Thimphu Start early for a drive to the Chele La Pass (a mountain pass at 3988 ASL), the highest road pass in BhutanOn a clear day the view sweeps away to the snow-dome of Bhutan’s second highest peak, Mt Jhomolhari (7314m or 23,996ft), and down to the Haa Valley, which only opened to foreigners in 2002 due to its proximity to the border with Sikkim and Tibet. Following will be the places to visit: • Kila Goemba: The nunnery is one of the seven oldest nunneries in the kingdom possibly built in ninth century. An hour later, the company will have bicycles ready for the guests. It is one of the most exhilarating itineraries one can experience freewheeling down from the mountain pass back to Paro valley. Upon reaching Paro, we will drive an hour to the capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu. You could escape away for a romantic stroll around the town and explore the chic cafes and handicraft shops. For the night, you will be taken to your honeymoon chambers.
- Day 4 Thimphu On the first day in the capital city, the company will take you around the capital city of Bhutan for sightseeing. • Buddha Dordema • National Memorial Chorten • Folk Heritage • Textile Museum • Craft Bazaar By evening, you can explore more places in Thimphu on your own at recommended romantic rendezvous. At night, you will be taken to your designated hotel.
- Day 5 Thimphu-Punakha Starting early, we will drive to the ancient capital of Bhutan, Punakha. The itinerary will have the following point of interest: • Dochu La • Temple of Fertility • Rafting After finishing our tour in Punakha, we will head back to Paro.
- Day 6 Paro-Paro Your romantic honeymoon package will have a very special value today. We will be hiking to the one of Bhutan’s most visited temple complex, that is Paro Taktshang- famously Tiger’s Nest. As the hike is a day’s activity, after returning, we will straightaway head to the hotel and a beautiful sensory journey awaits you- a very relaxing massage. Overnight in your beautiful hotel chambers.
- Day 7 Departure (Paro International Airport) You will bid goodbye to your travel companion in Bhutan at the airport. (Tips to your travel companion is highly recommended in two different envelopes)
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling