Bhutanese weddings are not always in pomp and laud, quite often it may be ceremoniously flaunted yet most are done away with little or no announcements at all. However, the vows are taken seriously and the religious rites must be performed as instructed. If one opts for a marriage that has to be authentically religious, it usually takes place in a monastery.
All the weddings of Bhutan has its core in the blessings and this ceremony is mostly held in Kyichu Lhakhang (temple), located few kilometers from Amankora in the Paro valley or at the Khuruthang Lhakang near the Amankora lodge in the Punakha valley. Kyichu Lhakhang, a 7th century temple, bears splendid witness to the arrival of Buddhism in Bhutan and is one of the 108 temples built in a day by the Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo to pin down a treacherous ogress – it is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites in Bhutan.
Government Fees, Royalty & Taxes.
Tours and entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Standard hotel room (Twin/double bed).
All meals (Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner) at a local restaurant or hotel.
SUV Car, Mini Van or Bus with driver throughout your stay.
Experienced tour guide.
Peak period surcharge: US$300 per person (Mar-May, Sep-Nov)
Costs for extra activities
Personal drinks & beverages
Additional hotel facilities like laundry, personal calls etc.
Single room supplement: US$40 per room per nigh
*The price quoted is an indicative and subject to changes
- Day 1 As your flight enters and descents in the radar of Paro valley’s air traffic, the pilot will announce the spectacular sighting of Gangar Phuensum, the highest unclimbed mountain in Bhutan. When you complete all the immigration procedures, our representative will be at the exit gate of the airport. Thence, your honeymoon tour begins at the Paro International Airport. Towards the evening, as your tour of the day ends, you will be driven to your designated hotel.
- Day 2 Paro The day will comprise of sightseeing while the company will be already making preparations for your honeymoon chambers. The itinerary will be as follows: • Paro Dzong • Ta Dzong • Kyichu Lhakhang • Drukgyel Dzong
- Day 3 Paro-Thimphu Start early for a drive to the Chele La Pass (a mountain pass at 3988 ASL), the highest road pass in BhutanOn a clear day the view sweeps away to the snow-dome of Bhutan’s second highest peak, Mt Jhomolhari (7314m or 23,996ft), and down to the Haa Valley, which only opened to foreigners in 2002 due to its proximity to the border with Sikkim and Tibet. Following will be the places to visit: • Kila Goemba: The nunnery is one of the seven oldest nunneries in the kingdom possibly built in ninth century. An hour later, the company will have bicycles ready for the guests. It is one of the most exhilarating itineraries one can experience freewheeling down from the mountain pass back to Paro valley. Upon reaching Paro, we will drive an hour to the capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu. You could escape away for a romantic stroll around the town and explore the chic cafes and handicraft shops. For the night, you will be taken to your honeymoon chambers.
- Day 4 Thimphu On the first day in the capital city, the company will take you around the capital city of Bhutan for sightseeing. • Buddha Dordema • National Memorial Chorten • Folk Heritage • Textile Museum • Craft Bazaar By evening, you can explore more places in Thimphu on your own at recommended romantic rendezvous. At night, you will be taken to your designated hotel.
- Day 5 Thimphu-Punakha Starting early, we will drive to the ancient capital of Bhutan, Punakha. The itinerary will have the following point of interest: • Dochu La • Temple of Fertility • Rafting After finishing our tour in Punakha, we will head back to Paro.
- Day 6 Paro-Paro Your romantic honeymoon package will have a very special value today. We will be hiking to the one of Bhutan’s most visited temple complex, that is Paro Taktshang- famously Tiger’s Nest. As the hike is a day’s activity, after returning, we will straightaway head to the hotel and a beautiful sensory journey awaits you- a very relaxing massage. Overnight in your beautiful hotel chambers.
- Day 7 Departure (Paro International Airport) You will bid goodbye to your travel companion in Bhutan at the airport. (Tips to your travel companion is highly recommended in two different envelopes)
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
This is my second time travel to Bhutan, but first time to across east to west, and first time to be with Marvellous team. Our guide, Chokyi and Phuntsho, were always warm and friendly. They drove two days previous, from west to east, to recieve us at Guwahati airport, which is in India, near the boarder of eastern Bhutan. Due to the weather, our flight to Guwahati was delayed almost 5 hours. They were worried when we did not appear at the appointed time. Finally, when we connected with each other, they didn’t feel any impatient, just told us to take our time, they would wait until we arrived. That time, we were sorry but really touched.
During twelve days travel, the itinerary was well-planned. We were only two people. Chokyi and Phuntsho hosted us along the trip as if we were VIP. Phuntsho is a very nice guide. He knows the history of every places very well. His explanation was simple for us to understand, just as telling a story.
To travel with Marvellous team felt us relax and comfortable, just like being with friends. We enjoyed every present moment in this blessed land. Wherever across the farming land or climb up to majestic mountain, we all enjoyed the beauty in summer season of Bhutan. All things looked green and vibrant, as if every inch of land was filled with plants.
We represent our thankful to Marvellous Bhutan Travel, especially to Chokyi and Phuntsho, for your hospitality, and give all our best blessings to you.
See you in the future. — with Phuntsho Wangdi and 2 others.
-- Hsin-Yi Huang
This is the best trip my sister and I have ever had! Feeling so blessed�. Bhutan is the best place for pilgrimage, living and relaxation. I never expect myself to be able to hike and walk so much�based on my health condition. Thank you for helping us to carry our belongings while hiking. This will not be our last trip to Bhutan. We will go back again. Thank you all!
-- Veronica Chua
Really appreciate Marvellous team to show us the happiest land on earth. Very well thoughtful program to train us for the climb to tiger nest ! It paid off. Highly recommended
-- Anson Wang
Marvellous Travel – The name speaks for itself. It was indeed a marvellous Yoga
Retreat in Bhutan. We were there in July 2018. The weather did not fail us
throughout that entire week until our last night it rained. We were lucky.
Marvellous Travel – Chokyi, Phuntsho and Sangey hosted us for a week. The
itinerary was well-planned by them. Great thanks to them for taking care of us
during our time there.
We enjoyed the wonderful Bhutanese songs while travelling on the bus. Our
main guide Phuntsho is well-versed on the history of the places that he does
his explanation as if he was telling a story. We rested well on the bus as we
were in good hands of our bus driver – Sangey. Chokyi was always praying for
the rain to stay away from us. Marvellous Travel!
And since it was a yoga retreat, they participated in one of our classes. It was
spontaneous for them as first timers. Kudos~~
Apart from Marvellous Travel, Bhutan has sublime scenery that takes our mind
to be there at that present moment, nothing else. We were surrounded by
majestic mountains wherever we went. We don’t have to look out for it, it is
just there. Thumbs-up!
It is highly recommended to travel with Marvellous Travel in Bhutan. Go with
an open heart and receive their warm hospitality. They are there to offer any
help you need there. Namaste…
Exceptional helpful guides. Was very touched when one of them piggy back my mom down the steep hills when she had difficulties walking. Thank you.
-- Silver Wave
This is a most special trip that I have never been before, hope all the travel agent would always have this special service to all who visit Bhutan. A big thank you to all Bhutan people.
-- Christine Teh
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling