‘’A journey into the marvels of Bhutan
The Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan is a land of high mountains and deep valleys where compassion and wisdom are the benchmark against which all things are measured. Welcometo Bhutan, Country of ‘Gross National Happiness’.
- Day 1: Welcome to Bhutan, Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your guide and driver and ferried to Bhutan’s capital Thimphu, travelling through spectacular countryside. En-route to Thimphu you will have the luxury of seeing many houses and buildings which are all painted and constructed in traditional Bhutanese style. On arrival in Thimphu, you will check-in to your hotel and proceed for lunch. Enjoy the day exploring Thimphu, with options to visit the Golden Buddha, with a bonus of sensational valley views, the National Memorial Stupa. FIve minutes drive from stupa you will visit Buddha Point (largest Buddha Dhordenma statue), followed by Takin Preservation Park and finally visit the Tashichodzong Fortress. The day will end with an overnight stay in Thimphu
- Day2: After breakfast, we will hike to Chagri Monastery. In about an hour you will reach the monastery. Chagri was built high on the slope in 1619 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal as his first monastery in Bhutan and after the visit you will drive back to lunch in town. After lunch leisure walk in town and watch Bhutanese national game archery. Overnight at hotel in Thimphu.
- Day3: Thimphu_Punakha Depart from Thimphu and continue towards Punakha. Drive by Dochula Pass and stop for sights of Druk Wangyal Chortens which was commissioned by Her Majesty the Queen Mother, Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck to commemorate the victory over the Indian militants and to liberate the souls of the lives lost. Then, stop at Sobsokha Village and take a stroll through agricultural fields to Chimi Lhakhang, a pilgrimage site for childless couple or to seek protection for children. Then, visit Punakha Dzong, situated strategically at the junction of the Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers. Thereafter, walk along the 160 metres Pho Chhu Suspension Bridge, giving you a spectacular view of Punakha Dzong and the Pho Chhu Valley. Overnight at hotel in Punakha.
- Day4: Punakha After breakfast we especially recommend you to travel northwards up the Punakha valley and take a fascinating hike through fields of vegetables and tiny hamlets to Khamsum Yulley Namgyel Chorten. This Chorten holds very special significance as it was consecrated in 1999 and dedicated to the protection of the former Crown Prince – today’s current King, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck. After returning back we will have a picnic lunch by the side of Mochhu river and after lunch we will visit Walakha Nuns University. You will be spending the night in Punakha
- Day5: Punakha-Paro After breakfast, we will leave Punakha and proceed to Paro Valley. Once again we will pass Dochu La, and arrive in Paro town in time for lunch. This afternoon you can look forward to enjoying an orientation tour of the major features in Paro town including Paro Dzong with its cantilever bridge. In Paro, you are highly recommended to take a leisure stroll along the main street that offer not only excellent picture of things but also, good shopping for jewellery and handicrafts. Alternatively, your guide can arrange a hike in the valley to suit your fitness & time frame. That night, you will stayover in Paro.
- Day 6: Tiger’s Nest You are given a choice to opt for a 2 hour round trip hike to the monastery’s viewpoint, or a longer 4-hour hike into the Monastery itself. Tiger’s Nest clings impossibly to a cliff of rock at over 1000 metres above the valley floor and where Guru Rinpoche flew on the back of a tigress to subdue the local demons followed by 3 months of meditation in a cave still visible in the monastery. In 1998, the monastery was seriously damaged by a fire and has been painstakingly reconstructed back to its original condition and consecrated by the 4th King in 2005. If time permits, you will visit Kyichu Lhakhang – one of Bhutan’s oldest and most beautiful temple that boast of an orange tree that perpetually bears fruit followed by a visit to the old ruined fortress of the Drugyel Dzong (14km from Paro). This is the historical site of the Fort of Drukpa Victory, from which the Bhutanese used to repel the Tibetan invaders again and again. On a good day, the 7314 meters snow domed peak of sacred Mt. Chomolhari can be seen from here. Your last night will be spent in Paro.
- Day 7: Departure Today you will bid fond farewell to this beautiful Himalayan country and take a flight back to your country. We hope by now you would have made some friends and take beautiful memories of Bhutan! And we look forward to seeing you again in this unforgettable land of endless happiness. Tashi Delek!
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
Thank you Marvellous Bhutan Travel! The name says it all! The service and trip was marvellous! Needless to say, the experience you get when you travel with them! Every detail was looked into so that the trip is safe, culturally enriching and that everything runs smoothly! Would reccommed anyone who would want to travel to this mythical land of happiness to travel with them! Personally I have travelled with them and they have left a deep and touching experience. Went on a 5 day trek too! The guides and crew were very professional. Comfort during the trek was ensured! The view and the scenery are breathtaking! It is trip that not only allows you to have a peek at the Buthanese way of life but more importantly one that touches your heart.
This is my second time travel to Bhutan, but first time to across east to west, and first time to be with Marvellous team. Our guide, Chokyi and Phuntsho, were always warm and friendly. They drove two days previous, from west to east, to recieve us at Guwahati airport, which is in India, near the boarder of eastern Bhutan. Due to the weather, our flight to Guwahati was delayed almost 5 hours. They were worried when we did not appear at the appointed time. Finally, when we connected with each other, they didn’t feel any impatient, just told us to take our time, they would wait until we arrived. That time, we were sorry but really touched.
During twelve days travel, the itinerary was well-planned. We were only two people. Chokyi and Phuntsho hosted us along the trip as if we were VIP. Phuntsho is a very nice guide. He knows the history of every places very well. His explanation was simple for us to understand, just as telling a story.
To travel with Marvellous team felt us relax and comfortable, just like being with friends. We enjoyed every present moment in this blessed land. Wherever across the farming land or climb up to majestic mountain, we all enjoyed the beauty in summer season of Bhutan. All things looked green and vibrant, as if every inch of land was filled with plants.
We represent our thankful to Marvellous Bhutan Travel, especially to Chokyi and Phuntsho, for your hospitality, and give all our best blessings to you.
See you in the future. — with Phuntsho Wangdi and 2 others.
-- Hsin-Yi Huang
This is the best trip my sister and I have ever had! Feeling so blessed�. Bhutan is the best place for pilgrimage, living and relaxation. I never expect myself to be able to hike and walk so much�based on my health condition. Thank you for helping us to carry our belongings while hiking. This will not be our last trip to Bhutan. We will go back again. Thank you all!
-- Veronica Chua
Really appreciate Marvellous team to show us the happiest land on earth. Very well thoughtful program to train us for the climb to tiger nest ! It paid off. Highly recommended
-- Anson Wang
Marvellous Travel – The name speaks for itself. It was indeed a marvellous Yoga
Retreat in Bhutan. We were there in July 2018. The weather did not fail us
throughout that entire week until our last night it rained. We were lucky.
Marvellous Travel – Chokyi, Phuntsho and Sangey hosted us for a week. The
itinerary was well-planned by them. Great thanks to them for taking care of us
during our time there.
We enjoyed the wonderful Bhutanese songs while travelling on the bus. Our
main guide Phuntsho is well-versed on the history of the places that he does
his explanation as if he was telling a story. We rested well on the bus as we
were in good hands of our bus driver – Sangey. Chokyi was always praying for
the rain to stay away from us. Marvellous Travel!
And since it was a yoga retreat, they participated in one of our classes. It was
spontaneous for them as first timers. Kudos~~
Apart from Marvellous Travel, Bhutan has sublime scenery that takes our mind
to be there at that present moment, nothing else. We were surrounded by
majestic mountains wherever we went. We don’t have to look out for it, it is
just there. Thumbs-up!
It is highly recommended to travel with Marvellous Travel in Bhutan. Go with
an open heart and receive their warm hospitality. They are there to offer any
help you need there. Namaste…
Exceptional helpful guides. Was very touched when one of them piggy back my mom down the steep hills when she had difficulties walking. Thank you.
-- Silver Wave
This is a most special trip that I have never been before, hope all the travel agent would always have this special service to all who visit Bhutan. A big thank you to all Bhutan people.
-- Christine Teh
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling