From exclusive five-star treatment to unexplored rural farm houses and home stays or the niche traveler, Bhutan has a whole lot of surprises in the offing. The numerous como resorts, Uma and Aman which are globally acclaimed, and five star hotels like the Taj and Le Meridien is sure to add to your travel needs while we can arrange special out-of-the-book itineraries’ like an off-road rural home stay so that you are guaranteed the best treatment that is fit for a king.
Government Fees, Royalty & Taxes.
Tours and entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary.
Standard hotel room (Twin/double bed).
All meals (Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner) at a local restaurant or hotel.
SUV Car, Mini Van or Bus with driver throughout your stay.
Experienced tour guide.
Peak period surcharge: US$300 per person (Mar-May, Sep-Nov)
Costs for extra activities
Personal drinks & beverages
Additional hotel facilities like laundry, personal calls etc.
Single room supplement: US$40 per room per nigh
*The price quoted is an indicative and subject to changes
- Day 1 Arrival at Paro (International Air Gateway of Bhutan) As your flight enters and descents in the radar of Paro valley’s air traffic, the pilot will announce the spectacular sighting of Gangar Phuensum, the highest unclimbed mountain in Bhutan. When you complete all the immigration procedures, our representative will be at the exit gate of the airport. Thence, your luxury tour of Bhutan flags off at the Paro International Airport. Our representative will take you for quick refreshment and check you into the designated hotel. After the refresh, a sightseeing delight awaits you. Towards the evening, as your tour of the day ends, you will be driven to the Bhutan’s first 5-star hotel- Zhiwaling. The first luxury of the tour begins here apart from the luxury of hospitality and wisdom of our representatives.
- Day 2 Paro-Thimphu : By early morning, the tour begins by driving for a less than an hour journey to the capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu. At almost halfway to Thimphu, you will be taken to a very revered 15th century temple built by the famous iron bridge builder, also a very great yogi of the time. We also see his famous iron bridges still commuted and hanging over dizzying heights over the rivers and steep ravines. Upon reaching the capital city, the sightseeing begins as thus: • Buddha Statue: Supposedly the tallest sitting Buddha in the world • National Memorial Chorten: A monastery built in memory of Third King also the “Father of Modern Bhutan.” • Takin Reserve: A small sanctuary for the national animal of Bhutan, Takin. It was built under the prerogatives of the King as it was observed dwindling. • Arts & Craft School: A school that teaches traditional Bhutanese arts & crafts. • Folk Heritage Museum: The museum showcases the lives of the Bhutanese folks and his household heritage. The museum is housed in a 17th century house. • Changangkha Lhakhang: A 13th century Buddhist monastery. • Tashichho Dzong: A religious fortress housing the Throne Room, office of two ministries and the central monk body built in 1630 AD. As the tour ends, our representative will drive you to one of the Asia’s accredited 5-star luxury boutique resort, Amankora Bhutan.
- Day 3 Thimphu-Punakha : In the early hour, the tour will be set to drive a two and a half journey to the old capital of Bhutan, Punakha district. At halfway, we will stop at the most visited tourist destination of Bhutan- Do Chula. It is a mountain pass at 3050 meters above the sea level. Towards the last leg to destination Punakha, en route we will take a small diversion to pay homage at “Temple of Fertility”- Chimi Lhakhang, a 15th century monastery. The valley is quite unique having solid presence of phalluses owing to the stay of a famous and revered propagator of Buddhism in Bhutan. His tales are humorous and at times sexually explicit; it is the Divine Madman’s peculiar way to propagate the teachings of Buddhism. The place is famously hyped as ‘Phallusville’ amongst tourism sphere of Bhutan. As the tour draws to the ancient capital, following are the points of interest: • Punakha Dzong: Built in 1637 by the Founder of Bhutan, the religious fortress is translated as the “Palace of Great Happiness” located at a hillock that has close resemblance to the trunk of a sleeping elephant. • Suspension Bridge: One of the longest bridges in Bhutan. The area is also a prominent place for the birders.
- Day 4 Punakha – Paro : As the last visit in Punakha, the first hour will be an hour’s hike to Khamsum Yuelley Namgyel Chorten. It was built and consecrated in 1999 dedicated to the Fifth King of Bhutan and also marks as a prayer to the well-being of the world. After a sumptuous lunch, we will head to Paro via Do Chula pass. For the overnight stay, you will be staying at the luxury property of Amankora Paro.
- Day 5 Paro : The day’s luxury tour will be for acclimatization purpose for tomorrow’s hike. The order of the luxury sightseeing tour will be as follows: • Paro Dzong: A fortress of heap of jewel, the Dzong has a very spectacular design. • Ta Dzong: Built as a watchtower and now houses a museum. • Kyichu Lhakhang: Supposedly, the first Buddhist temple complex in Bhutan • Drukgyel Dzong: Before in ruins, the fortress is under renovation to its former glory. Overnight, you will be driven to Amankora Paro.
- Day 6 Paro : Before the dawn sprawls, you will be driving to the last leg of your tour. Your last destination in Bhutan and globetrotter’s special reason to visit Bhutan, a three-hour hike up the switchback mule track through the pine shades. For overnight, the luxury at Amankora Paro is all yours.
- Day 7 Departure (Paro International Airport) : You will bid goodbye to your travel companion in Bhutan at the airport. (Tips to your travel companion is highly recommended in two different envelopes)
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
Thank you Marvellous Bhutan Travel! The name says it all! The service and trip was marvellous! Needless to say, the experience you get when you travel with them! Every detail was looked into so that the trip is safe, culturally enriching and that everything runs smoothly! Would reccommed anyone who would want to travel to this mythical land of happiness to travel with them! Personally I have travelled with them and they have left a deep and touching experience. Went on a 5 day trek too! The guides and crew were very professional. Comfort during the trek was ensured! The view and the scenery are breathtaking! It is trip that not only allows you to have a peek at the Buthanese way of life but more importantly one that touches your heart.
This is my second time travel to Bhutan, but first time to across east to west, and first time to be with Marvellous team. Our guide, Chokyi and Phuntsho, were always warm and friendly. They drove two days previous, from west to east, to recieve us at Guwahati airport, which is in India, near the boarder of eastern Bhutan. Due to the weather, our flight to Guwahati was delayed almost 5 hours. They were worried when we did not appear at the appointed time. Finally, when we connected with each other, they didn’t feel any impatient, just told us to take our time, they would wait until we arrived. That time, we were sorry but really touched.
During twelve days travel, the itinerary was well-planned. We were only two people. Chokyi and Phuntsho hosted us along the trip as if we were VIP. Phuntsho is a very nice guide. He knows the history of every places very well. His explanation was simple for us to understand, just as telling a story.
To travel with Marvellous team felt us relax and comfortable, just like being with friends. We enjoyed every present moment in this blessed land. Wherever across the farming land or climb up to majestic mountain, we all enjoyed the beauty in summer season of Bhutan. All things looked green and vibrant, as if every inch of land was filled with plants.
We represent our thankful to Marvellous Bhutan Travel, especially to Chokyi and Phuntsho, for your hospitality, and give all our best blessings to you.
See you in the future. — with Phuntsho Wangdi and 2 others.
-- Hsin-Yi Huang
This is the best trip my sister and I have ever had! Feeling so blessed�. Bhutan is the best place for pilgrimage, living and relaxation. I never expect myself to be able to hike and walk so much�based on my health condition. Thank you for helping us to carry our belongings while hiking. This will not be our last trip to Bhutan. We will go back again. Thank you all!
-- Veronica Chua
Really appreciate Marvellous team to show us the happiest land on earth. Very well thoughtful program to train us for the climb to tiger nest ! It paid off. Highly recommended
-- Anson Wang
Marvellous Travel – The name speaks for itself. It was indeed a marvellous Yoga
Retreat in Bhutan. We were there in July 2018. The weather did not fail us
throughout that entire week until our last night it rained. We were lucky.
Marvellous Travel – Chokyi, Phuntsho and Sangey hosted us for a week. The
itinerary was well-planned by them. Great thanks to them for taking care of us
during our time there.
We enjoyed the wonderful Bhutanese songs while travelling on the bus. Our
main guide Phuntsho is well-versed on the history of the places that he does
his explanation as if he was telling a story. We rested well on the bus as we
were in good hands of our bus driver – Sangey. Chokyi was always praying for
the rain to stay away from us. Marvellous Travel!
And since it was a yoga retreat, they participated in one of our classes. It was
spontaneous for them as first timers. Kudos~~
Apart from Marvellous Travel, Bhutan has sublime scenery that takes our mind
to be there at that present moment, nothing else. We were surrounded by
majestic mountains wherever we went. We don’t have to look out for it, it is
just there. Thumbs-up!
It is highly recommended to travel with Marvellous Travel in Bhutan. Go with
an open heart and receive their warm hospitality. They are there to offer any
help you need there. Namaste…
Exceptional helpful guides. Was very touched when one of them piggy back my mom down the steep hills when she had difficulties walking. Thank you.
-- Silver Wave
This is a most special trip that I have never been before, hope all the travel agent would always have this special service to all who visit Bhutan. A big thank you to all Bhutan people.
-- Christine Teh
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling