3rd MARCH 2018
Inaugural Bhutan International Marathon and Half Marathon in one of the world’s most mysterious, beautiful and inaccessible countries. On your journey through stunning rural countryside and villages, before finishing at the historic Punakha Dzong, you’ll discover the geographical and cultural wonders of a country naturally designed to be a tantalizing destination for adventure and spiritual seekers.
All Meals, SUV Car, Mini Van or Bus with driver throughout your stay.
Experienced tour guide.
Price per person based on 3 to travel
*Book early to avoid disappointment as availability is limited
Costs for extra activities
Personal drinks & beverages
Additional hotel facilities like laundry, personal calls etc.
Connecting flight from SIN/BKK/SIN
- Day 1 Upon arrival, you will be greeted by your guide and prepare trekking to Taktsang Monastery (known as Tigers Nest). This is one of the most sacred and revered monasteries in the Kingdom and all Bhutanese Buddhists wish to make a pilgrimage trip to Taktsang at least once in their lifetime as they believe each step taken towards the monastery gains merit points towards their future. After lunch we will leave for Thimphu, with options to visit the Golden Buddha or relax at your hotel. Overnight stay in Thimphu.
- Day 2 After breakfast, you will proceed to Punakha Valley. Ascending to Dochu La (pass) to view 108 Stupas, commissioned by a former Queen as a memorial to those who lost their lives during a low intensity conflict in late 2002 when Bhutan evicted Indian rebels camped in the jungle on the Bhutan – Indian border. On a clear day, you will witness a breathtaking view of the eastern Himalaya. Visit the dramatic Punakha Dzong, which formally served as the seat of government and is still, the winter residence of the Dratsheng (Central Monk Body). This is Bhutan’s most spectacular Dzong and an excellent example of how a medieval fortress and a centre of both monastic and adminstrative functions has adapted and evolved for modern day use. This afternoon there will be a briefing by the Marathon Organizer. Overnight in Punakha.
- Day 3 Today is the day of the Bhutan International Marathon. The itinerary will kick off very early to the starting point Gasa Dzongkhhag, finishing at the beautiful Punakha Dzong. Be sure to stay hydrated throughout. Overnight in Punakha.
- Day 4 After breakfast, we will go for Punakha Rafting and leave to Paro Valley after lunch. You can look forward to enjoying an orientation tour of the major features in Paro town including Paro Dzong with its cantilever bridge. In Paro, it is highly recommended to take a leisure stroll along the main street which offers not only excellent scenery but also, good shopping for jewellery and handicrafts. Alternatively, your guide can arrange a hike in the valley to suit your fitness & time frame. Overnight in Paro.
- Day 5 The trip has come to an end and it is time to bid goodbye to the country and its people. You will hop on the plane bright and early and depart back to your home country.
Plan Your Travel
Popular Tour Packages
This is my second time travel to Bhutan, but first time to across east to west, and first time to be with Marvellous team. Our guide, Chokyi and Phuntsho, were always warm and friendly. They drove two days previous, from west to east, to recieve us at Guwahati airport, which is in India, near the boarder of eastern Bhutan. Due to the weather, our flight to Guwahati was delayed almost 5 hours. They were worried when we did not appear at the appointed time. Finally, when we connected with each other, they didn’t feel any impatient, just told us to take our time, they would wait until we arrived. That time, we were sorry but really touched.
During twelve days travel, the itinerary was well-planned. We were only two people. Chokyi and Phuntsho hosted us along the trip as if we were VIP. Phuntsho is a very nice guide. He knows the history of every places very well. His explanation was simple for us to understand, just as telling a story.
To travel with Marvellous team felt us relax and comfortable, just like being with friends. We enjoyed every present moment in this blessed land. Wherever across the farming land or climb up to majestic mountain, we all enjoyed the beauty in summer season of Bhutan. All things looked green and vibrant, as if every inch of land was filled with plants.
We represent our thankful to Marvellous Bhutan Travel, especially to Chokyi and Phuntsho, for your hospitality, and give all our best blessings to you.
See you in the future. — with Phuntsho Wangdi and 2 others.
-- Hsin-Yi Huang
This is the best trip my sister and I have ever had! Feeling so blessed�. Bhutan is the best place for pilgrimage, living and relaxation. I never expect myself to be able to hike and walk so much�based on my health condition. Thank you for helping us to carry our belongings while hiking. This will not be our last trip to Bhutan. We will go back again. Thank you all!
-- Veronica Chua
Really appreciate Marvellous team to show us the happiest land on earth. Very well thoughtful program to train us for the climb to tiger nest ! It paid off. Highly recommended
-- Anson Wang
Marvellous Travel – The name speaks for itself. It was indeed a marvellous Yoga
Retreat in Bhutan. We were there in July 2018. The weather did not fail us
throughout that entire week until our last night it rained. We were lucky.
Marvellous Travel – Chokyi, Phuntsho and Sangey hosted us for a week. The
itinerary was well-planned by them. Great thanks to them for taking care of us
during our time there.
We enjoyed the wonderful Bhutanese songs while travelling on the bus. Our
main guide Phuntsho is well-versed on the history of the places that he does
his explanation as if he was telling a story. We rested well on the bus as we
were in good hands of our bus driver – Sangey. Chokyi was always praying for
the rain to stay away from us. Marvellous Travel!
And since it was a yoga retreat, they participated in one of our classes. It was
spontaneous for them as first timers. Kudos~~
Apart from Marvellous Travel, Bhutan has sublime scenery that takes our mind
to be there at that present moment, nothing else. We were surrounded by
majestic mountains wherever we went. We don’t have to look out for it, it is
just there. Thumbs-up!
It is highly recommended to travel with Marvellous Travel in Bhutan. Go with
an open heart and receive their warm hospitality. They are there to offer any
help you need there. Namaste…
Exceptional helpful guides. Was very touched when one of them piggy back my mom down the steep hills when she had difficulties walking. Thank you.
-- Silver Wave
This is a most special trip that I have never been before, hope all the travel agent would always have this special service to all who visit Bhutan. A big thank you to all Bhutan people.
-- Christine Teh
THANK YOU MARVELLOUS BHUTAN TRAVEL.
It was amazing experience, people in your country are so kind and worm.
Everything was very good. All the compliments to your staff, the guide and the driver. They very professional.
-- Jon Mack
Professional and knowledgeable. Queries were promptly answered, highly recommended
-- Tay Lily
Had a wonderful 7D6N tour. Thank u Marvellous Travel.
-- Luar Elina
The trip was well thought out and executed, thanks for a wonderful trip!
-- Nai Min Chong
Thank you Phuntsho Wangdi and Sangey for a wonder seven days 11-17 June 2017. Michael Toh and myself enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
-- Vicky Chong
Bhutan was the most wonderful friendly country. Phuntsho our guide was the best and really looked after us and was very knowlegable in the history while keeping us entertained as well. Tiger’s nest was the highlight, amazing place. The tour Agency Marvellous Bhutan Travel organised the whole tour to perfection even organising my friend’s 40th birthday evening.
-- Jissica Lic
We are a family of 5 traveling first time to Bhutan, our youngest family member being 7 years old. Our guide, Phuntsho is a charming, knowledgeable and sensitive young man who is prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip a good one. Sangey, our “grandfatherly” driver is extremely experienced as the mountain roads are not easy to handle. Last but not least, Chokyi – the enterprising one for making all these happen. The cultural performance was both a surprise and a delight! It is our first trip and won’t be our last! Thank you & Tashi Delek!!!!!
-- Esther Chia Shu Ling